Well it seemed almost unfair to miss out on a years full of amazing one liners and quips — so I thought I only fair to make a list of the Top 10 Quotes Of 2010. If your social life revolves around quoting movie dialogue to your friends around the clock — lats how it goes, in my circle there is a million and one situations where we’ve wanted to say something but instead yarned endlessly on the dialogue from our favorite films. Thankfully, 2010 was no exception and I think those few films deserve some recognition.
You’ll notice that the list is dominated mostly by Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
quotes — because frankly every line in that film is pure gold. Don’t hate me for it, but really it’s either that or campy Clash quotes. So enjoy my list of Scott Pilgrim quotes plus one or two other one-liners!
MR. BRUCE’S TOP 10 QUOTES OF 2010
in no particular order
- “Dreams feel real while we’re in them. It’s only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.” – Cobb, Inception
- ” I know we’re all afraid. But my father told me: someday, someone was gonna have take a stand. Someday, someone was gonna have to say enough! This could be that day. Trust your senses. And don’t look this bitch in the eye.” Perseus, Clash of The Titans
- ” We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff. ” – Scott Pilgrim, SPvTW
- “If I peed my pants would you pretend that I just got wet from the rain? ” – Scott Pilgrim, SPvTW
- “Look, I didn’t write the gay handbook. If you got a problem with it, take it up with Liberace’s ghost. ” – Wallace Wells, SPvTW
One actress that intrigues me is english actress Gemma Arterton, who we have seen a lot lately in the movie scene with supporting roles in some of the biggest films over the years — referring of course to roles in Quantum of Solace, Clash Of The Titans and one of her latest films Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time. So over the years we have slowly watched as she has worked her way up the film chain, and now we will be looking ahead for her next production, Clash Of The Titans 2. Which she has confirmed to be in, but probably in a much smaller role. Damn.
While in a interview for her upcoming film, The Disappearance Of Alice Creed, Arterton revealed that she would be returning for Clash 2 but was unsure as to what extent, saying “I don’t really know what the story is going to be. I think they’re writing it at the moment and they’re going to get back to us, but I don’t think I’m in it much the next movie, which is kind of good.” She added, “It’s going because it was a real success in the box office so they’re going to make another one.”
I do have to admit that Clash wasn’t at all received well by critics, but despite that I think that the general population that paid their $12.95 genuinely enjoyed it — I know I did. Although Arterton seemed to recognize that the film was not such a success, saying “To be honest, I just don’t know what is going on in the film industry. I was talking to a director yesterday who I love and he always makes brilliant films and he goes, ‘Oh, I struggle to make my films.’ I’m like, ‘How? Your films are amazing! How?’” She continued, “How can something like ‘x’ get made and get so much money put into it and they don’t even know what the script is sometimes and they’re like, ‘Oh yeah, we’ll put up $200 million for that movie.’” Then she threw Prince of Persia into the mix, “My friend was saying, ‘I think Prince of Persia was better than Clash of the Titans,’ and I said, ‘Yeah, I agree.’ And they said, ‘But it wasn’t as big a success,’ and I said, ‘Yeah, I honestly don’t know why.’”